Get My Books at Amazon

Monday, March 28, 2011

My New Idea for the Greatest TV Show Ever

Here's what I hate about reality TV: I get attached to people, then they get voted off and I never see them again. I want to see them again, every week for a half-hour to an hour for the next 3-7 seasons, until they start to run out of interesting stories.

I still talk about much I miss James from Big Brother Season 9 and Flex from Daisy of Love 2 and Fabio from Top Chef Season 5 & Top Chef: All Stars. Eric is crazy obsessed with Big Brother, but I think he gets annoyed when the season is because of how much time I spend talking about how much James was than everybody else on the current season.

I'm thinking about this because I really enjoy that Mike fella on Dancing with the Stars. I find him very amusing, but since his dancing skills aren't the greatest, I know it's only (a probably short) matter of time before he's gone, and I'll relegate him to the long list of reality stars I miss.

There should be a show with just former reality stars living together. But like the Jersey Shore, where the same cast comes back every season.

So far, my dream cast would be James, Flex, Fabio, and Mike. I also love Raja on RuPaul's Drag Race a ton, and I still miss Jordan from Big Brother & Amazing Race, and Jes from Rock of Love. And JWOW and Snooki from Jersey Shore (because that show has about one season left.) And Bridget from Girls Next Door.

Yep. You can put them all on an island where they have to live together and share rations of food. You can call it Reality Show Castoffs or something ridiculous like that. It'd fit in perfect on VH1. And I would watch it every week. I wouldn't even wait to DVR it. I'd be too excited.

21 comments:

  1. It would be pretty funny if Mike got enough votes to stay in just because of your endorsement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with these reality dorks. And then when they show up for guest appearances (like Jeff and Jordan did on Big Brother last summer) I get all excited. I'm so lame.

    But then sometimes people keep coming back that you're so freakin' sick of, like Boston Rob on Survivor. They need to leave that dude in the jungle.

    SD
    The Simple Dude

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so true, you get sucked into the craziness and there's no way out. So many people are closet reality TV viewers. They're afraid to admit they've become addicted. I like your idea alot. I am actually watching Celebrity Apprentice! Go Team Backbone!!
    Check out my blog when you have a chance.
    www.skylarkmanor.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominate Rupert Boneham from some ages ago season of Survivor :) He was in the All-star season too. His smile still makes me smile.

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what u mean. I am hooked on Biggest Loser and this season saw a really great man, Arthur get voted off before he should have been...keep wishing I could see more of him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I will admit to preferring my TV scripted and fictional, I will give a huge thumbs up to this idea of just a group of interesting people all hanging out. Being themselves.

    Or at least a version of themselves. I'm on board!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can hear Psycho Mike on kroq.com. He's on in the mornings with Kevin & Bean (California time, but they stream it) and Love Line with Dr. Drew (Sun-Thur 10pm, Pacific Time) which also streams.

    Mike won't be gone forever!

    http://kroq.radio.com/shows/loveline-with-dr-drew/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to do this same thing with canceled TV show characters. Say, some of the people from Arrested Development and Firefly and the like. Making a story that weaves all of them together would be bizarre in a totally awesome way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right! I've often wanted Survivor to do a reunion show of people voted off on the first episode. Some of them were too funny, like the woman who arrived standing up in a row boat, singing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not something I would be into, but the idea is probably so viable, you should have pitched it directly to VH1.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At the rate you're going, I bet if you told someone in charge of VH1 television they would create this show for you! =) And I'd watch it! Its a really good idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to see Rupert from Survivor again too! He was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amanda, I just read about your movie deal. Alright! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely get attached too, whenever I watch a show from the beginning. Right now it's Celebrity Apprentice, which has a slightly different dynamic than the regular reality TV show since we know we'll see them again, but with Top Chef, I fully understand what you mean. (I miss Dale, Angelo, and Fabio, and will be crushed if Blaze doesn't win, even though I do like Mike)...

    Just listed your blog as one I have to check on the regular in my new blog post:

    http://writtled.blogspot.com/2011/03/routine-blog-checking.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. And then there's American Idol...a weekly version of musical chairs, maybe one of the most stressful kid games ever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I was just discussing this same thing to my husband last week, I havent been able to watch Big Brother since BB9 because I missed that cast. And Daisy Of Love... what ever happened with her and London... he was my favorite of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, I like your idea, Amanda.

    Myself, I was thinking we should just remake "Friends" but with an all-penguin cast.

    Tell me that wouldn't sell!

    ;-)

    Nick
    One More Day

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd like to see them all on an island full of zombies and they're armed with nothing more than a spork. Now that's entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't you think that's an unfair advantage, Mike? A spork has sharp points. These are zombies we're talking about, their skin is awfully mushy to start with.

    I think we should give them a clothes hanger, 100 ft. of rope, a match and a "Tickle Me Elmo" doll.

    THAT'll show you deserves to survive. MacGuyver isn't doing anything these days, is he? ;-)

    Nick
    One More Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Mirror Sunglasses are sunglasses with a reflective optical coating on the outside of the lenses to make them appear like small mirrors. The mirror coating can decrease anywhere from 10%-60% of the light that passes through and makes contact with your eyes.


      Crystal Custom
      Promotional Sunglasses
      Promo Sunglasses
      Personalized sunglasses
      Customized sunglasses


      Delete
  20. Your blogs and every other content is so entertaining and useful It makes me come back again.
    www.bigbangtheoryepisodes.org/

    ReplyDelete