Get My Books at Amazon

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More News!!!

I've been sitting on some mighty exciting news that I've been dying to share. Like literally dying. My internal organs were combusting with my attempts to keep this a secret. (Combusting organs is a new disorder that is so rare, I'm the only person that's ever had it).

I'm going to be on a YA panel at Comic-Con in San Diego in July. The Comic-Con I have been pouting about being unable to attend and sulking over as I watch G4 the past several years. I will be there. On a panel. With lots of other super rad YA authors.

Who are these other authors, you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked.

Kiersten White, author of Paranormalcy and the upcoming Supernaturally
Andrea Cremer, author of Nightshade and the upcoming Wolfsbane
Stephanie Perkins, author of Anna and the French Kiss and the upcoming Lola and the Boy Next Door
Laini Taylor, author of Lips Touch: Three Times and the upcoming Daughter of Smoke & Bone
Tahereh Mafi, author of the upcoming Shatter Me

The panel will be moderated by Nathan Bransford, former literary agent/current author of Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Kapow. He also has one of the (if not the) most informative blogs on writing and business of writing. So if you haven't checked that out, you totally should: http://blog.nathanbransford.com/

Other than being a little (incredibly) intimidated by all the talent on the panel, I'm pretty stoked. I don't personally know any of the other authors, but it'll be great fun to talk with them and interact with readers in person. This will be the first speaking-type engagement I've done, and it will be at Comic-con - the happiest place on Earth!

I am crazy excited/honored/humbled/amazed at this opportunity. And I once again have to thank all of you guys for making this happen. Without all the incredible support from all of you, I'd never have sold a book or been asked to be on a panel. Every single day, you guys make my dreams come true. And I love you for it.

In smaller but still fun news: The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook is available now. It was compiled by Christy Dorrity, and includes a forward from yours truly. It's a fun idea that pairs recipes with books. It even has a recipe "I Hate Chocolate Cake" to go along with my book, Switched.

Also, if you're in the Southern Minnesota area on Friday, I will be at my mom's house signing copies of my books at her garage sale. She lives in Adams, MN, and all the proceeds from book sales are going to help get Adams a new pool.

And to end the blog, check out how rad my dog Elroy looks in his new life-vest:

43 comments:

  1. Shoot - I have to work Friday or I totally would make the drive down to see you. Any book signings in the Minneapolis area upcoming?

    Congrats on the comic-con gig. I'm sure you'll steal the show.

    SD
    The Simple Dude

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cool news! I wish I was going to Comic-con now. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you!!! And don't be intimidated. Just be you and you will do fine!!!
    Congrats on this opportunity!!!
    And have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That's a major step forward no matter your publishing route, and all the writers listed are wonderful.

    The table you'll be sitting as is prime real estate (captain obvious moment), so should any of those hateful-types ever question your ability / viability as a writer again, just remind yourself that you're at the high table and they're in the seats.

    Have a blast (and blog pictures. I've always wanted to go to comicon.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Your dog is adorable!

    And congrats on the comic-con panel, it sounds like a really cool line-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Amanda! Really excited for you. Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doggie is too cute in his vest n the kitty sitting behind him! Good luck and have fun! I think it's great your going to be at your moms yard sale. What a way to drum up business!! I'd stop by but I'm in PA. :) I really liked Viture it was a great book! Anyway there could be a sequel?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a line-up! That's going to be one amazing conference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to go to comic-con. Post lots of pictures! I read Hollowland yesterday. It was really good. It freaked me out a bunch of times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats about the Comic-con thing. To be honest, I've never heard of any of the other authors on that panel, or their books.

    I can't be surprised though. I typically don't read YA, with only a few exceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I have been trying to get to Comic Con for a couple years now, but my schedule never seems to work out. Wish I could see the panel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Congrats. I love ComicCon and wish I could go every year. Enjoy yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Enjoy living those dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awesome Amanda!

    I love your dog! That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stacey Wallace BenefielJune 8, 2011 at 10:51 PM

    Have sooooo much fun at Comic-Con!!! You are living the dream, girl. I bet all of the other authors will be super nice. What a fun gig.

    Best of luck with the garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Say hi to the Cap'n for me! (I'm watching Firefly as I read this!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So awesome and so happy for you! You deserve the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  18. For Great Amazing Facts Visit www.ishan92.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! Sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Watch out for the Westboro Baptists. You and the other authors will probably be seen as purveyors of the devils word because you're authors of YA literature.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, man... congrats! Comic-con is one of my personal career goals. So great to see deserving authors featured at one of the panels.

    Surely you'll post a plethora of "geek out" moments from your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is truly exciting news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrat! And my pugs have the same life vests! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I imagined you saying this very very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You will have a great time. Its good to see that your success is taking you places.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Elroy looks so cute! My dog is so fat he would still sink with a life-vest.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the shout out about the cookbook Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on being on a panel at ComicCon!!!! Wish I could go see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice of you to help fund a new pool at Adams. That thing hasn't had a proper upkeep or facelift since I was a kid learning to swim there... and I'm 44!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Damn! I want to go to that Comic-Com... Unfortionatly... Im in another country :D Good luck! Though I don't exspect you'll need it.

    And good luck with the new pool!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Please Install A chat box in your Blog... To have a good Coversation...

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is great company you find yourself in. You've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Im dreaming to be part of it. A lot of wonderful people here.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am certainly not a YA, but I read an article about you. It was saying how you were the 1st author to become a millionaire by selling books via Amazon. So, I did a search on you & wound up buying Switched. It was great!!I just bought Torn, I'm obviously hooked! Congrats on all of your wonderful accomplishments. I have a minature schnauzer, too. He looks just like Elroy!!! He has his tail done, but like yours, he still has floppy ears. I think they're cuter that way. Thank you for the entertainment, you are very talented! I wish you health, happiness & continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations, Amanda! I hope the experience is everything the expectation suggests :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your dog is adorable! What's your cat's name?

    ReplyDelete
  37. what days at comic con on your going? because i am actually going there in july >.<

    ReplyDelete
  38. hi Amanda,
    I just read the article about you in the NY Times Supplement and I am so amazed by what you did, you are truly an inspiration to all us aspiring writers out there. Also, love the troll subject choice, my only experience with them was when i crossed bridges as a child, i swear they were hiding under them ;) Can't wait to read your books!

    thanks!
    sonia
    p.s. love your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Amanda
    Congratulations on all your success this is only just the beginning 4u. Yeah also on comic-con u r going to have so much fun ,ill b there so hopefully ill get to c ya. Cant wait for the next book to b released!!
    P.S. Love love elroys vest my sophie dog is drooling in envy :)

    ReplyDelete