Get My Books at Amazon

Monday, March 26, 2012

It's supposed to storm today, which greatly excites me. I have been craving a storm for weeks. Not anything too major, because I don't want people or property to get hurt, but I do like thunder and rain and all that.

Anyway, I got the edits back on Lullaby, the second book in the Watersong series, from editor Rose, and I'm pretty excited to dive into them. I love doing edits. I don't know why. Maybe I'm a freak that way. Plus, I want to get started on Tidal, the third book in the series, and I didn't want to do that until I started the edits.

It's only a month until Ascend, the final book in the Trylle Trilogy, comes out. I'm really excited about it. So many more people have discovered the Trylle books since they've hit stores, and I'm really, really anxious to see what you all think about the last book.

The book blogger at Paranormal Indulgence declared Loki her Book Boyfriend for March, and wrote this great blog about him and the Trylle books. You should check it out, but be warned, there are a few spoilers from Torn if you haven't read it yet.

Also, I re-made the soundtracks for Switched, Torn, and Ascend because I like to make soundtracks for things. I actually make the soundtracks while I'm writing, because that's the music I listen to as I write, but then I edit them down when I put them together. My current favorite playlist is the one for Wake.

Oh, I also made this little page, because I've been getting a LOT of questions about the movie adaptations of the Trylle books lately.  So if you want to know what the deal with the movie is, check out the page: here. I promise to update the page if/when new information comes in

This blog isn't very exciting. But I promise to write something more exciting tomorrow. I'm not sure what. But I assure you that tomorrow will be fun.

24 comments:

  1. Oooo yay! I absolutely love getting edits back and working on them... I guess some people are freaky that way. I know a lot of people who hate editing, but it's all about making your writing SO MUCH better and everyone wants that!

    Good luck with your edits!

    -Joseph
    www.josepheastwood.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my best playlists from you LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a lot of songs trough Amanda's playlists too.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the storm will be perfect for edit mood:) I don't like editing too much. Writing goes better.
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the storm, it's been coming down here in florida for a few days now. I like the edit too. It makes me feel like the hard parts done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the article on Loki by Paranormal Indulgence. Loki has been my #1 on my literary crush list since I first downloaded The Trylle Trilogy in January 2011(which by the way were the very first books I downloaded on my Kindle and I have loved you ever since!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like edits to a certain degree ... at least, the broader brush strokes, although I get impatient when it's time to go over the fine details. And, since my first published novel is "Storm Chaser", you can be sure I'm a fan of storms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The storms are probably the No. 1 reason I will never move out of the Midwest. They're just so pretty! When they're not hailing on my car, granted.

    I'm with you on digging edits in a strange way. It's soothing the same way that picking at a scab can be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woooah!! When did I miss them movie news???Oh how I love this. I've been following you since you were an indie posting on kindle boards . Can I say I'm proud?? Oh what the heck .I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for Ascend, I'm dying to read it! I just wrote my review for Torn, today. Trylle movie?! I hadn't heard, but I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still dying for book 5 of the My Blood Approves series! Any new news on how close that is to being completed?? (and yes I clicked on the link in the FAQ section, but that was last updated in November..and I figure it never hurts to ask!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The FAQs were last updated today ;) Before that, they were last updated at the end of February. I update them every few weeks to keep them current ;)

      Delete
    2. Oops. You are right. The FAQ's were recently updated. It was the post about "My Blood Approves" that hasn't changed or been updated since November. Are you going to finish that series?

      Delete
  11. Amanda,

    Just wanted to let you know that your series has just about sold out in my town, granted it's not a very big town. I've gone to all the major outlet's and can only find one copy of Torn. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So...I preordered Ascend, seeing how I sped through the first two within a day or so. :) Kind of cool to see a fellow Minnesotan kickin a little ass. You're very talented. I can't wait to read the third installment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have finished reading Switched and Torn and cant wait for Ascend to come out! i have been wondering that if you had a say in the cast for the movie who would you pick for each character??

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post was very interesting to me. Glad your editing is going well and will check out page on movie deals.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's incredible how much music can influence and inspire. I have a "writing" playlist that I am always updating and changing, depending on what I'm working on. Thanks for sharing your playlists! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky, we havnt gotten storms up here yet! But it was windy today. My book soul mate right now is Peeta Mellerk from Hunger Games, but Peter from MBA was all I could think about all summer. And it was Finn a few weeks ago. I have many literature soul mates lol.

    Makayla A. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm looking forward to that upcoming exciting blog post but don't be so hard on yourself. Your posts are fun and who doesn't like creating soundtracks for novels? Soundtracks have such a high impact on a film/story that they give out Oscars for the best one each year. Maybe Blink 182 can do a special track for your Trylle trilogy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't worry about your blog being exciting. What I see, from those who read your blog, is that people are more than happy to read what's in *your* head. You are liked because you are unique, and if you keep that vibe going, your blog will continue to be exciting enough.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can not wait till ascend! I have been dreaming of the first two books for days! I didn't know you wrote more books but I would put switched up there in the best series I've read of all time! Keep writing doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found switched and ascend at Target one day, and stayed up all night reading both books. I can't believe I have to wait so many days for ascend. It's killing me! I started reading the books again :) Okay, this is going to sound strange, but my heart seriously skips a beat and I get butterflies in my stomach when I see Finn's name in the books. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your books. I can't wait to read everything else you've written.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you for sharing

    http://designs-article.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete